Krastorio Legacy deprecated

Caution!!! Krastorio 2 is now available! Therefore Krastorio Legacy is no longer supported! This mod expands the endgame, adds 30+ HR buildings, 60+ technologies, new ores, new items and rebalances almost all vanilla game content, making it harder.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g 1.2.0 update - modded cargo wagon capacity reverted to 40 stacks (logistic cargo wagon mod)

4 years ago

I was using the logistic cargo wagon mod with krastorio, and in previous versions of krastorio the modded cargo wagons had 100 stacks. After the 1.2.0 update, the modded cargo wagons have the vanilla capacity. I tried disabling and re-enabling the mods but it didn't fix it.

Thanks for mod btw. Very cool.

4 years ago

I tested these mods and the logistic cargo wagon has 40 stacks on both version 1.2.0 and version 1.1.16. Earlier versions of the mod don't work with the latest version of the game (0.17.52)

4 years ago

Strange. I don't remember what version of factorio .17 I was running when I first installed logistic cargo wagons but it was a few releases ago. I had krastorio installed when I started my save and I installed logistic cargo wagons mid-game.

I did try reverting to krastorio 1.1.16 and loading my save and the cargo wagon had 100 stacks again. I wonder why it used to change the modded wagon capacity before but now doesn't. I don't think there were any updates to logistic cargo wagon since I installed it - just krastorio and the base game.

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

I made optional train consume and cargo capacity

4 years ago

FWIW, I was curious (since I use that too) and the "logistic cargo wagon" mod makes a direct copy of the standard cargo wagon. It does not change, in any way, the number of inventory slots in the wagon.

So if you previously had a different number of slots, I'd guess another mod changed the number of slots on the core wagon (or all wagons) and so logistic cargo wagon picked that up.

The copy is made in the data.lua phase, so it is entirely possible the other mod randomly loads after, not before, LCW now. or something mutates it in data-updates or data-final-fixes.

Anyway, point is: not a Krastorio ... anything. Possibly an LCW bug, not creating their cargo-wagon clone late enough, possibly not a bug at all. YMMV.

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

Is intentional. I place all vanilla modifications in the update (2Β°) phase, for don't touch the mod that copy the vanilla prototypes, because I don't know if loading modified prototypes other mod will work fine, and for don't bug other mods I decide to leave it unchanged, in the case of fatal\bad bug (like AAI electric pole range) could be recovered in final fixed (3Β°) phase, and give me more control on situations. For this I prefer have a fine grained loading.

4 years ago

understood. thank you.

New response