Krastorio Legacy deprecated

Caution!!! Krastorio 2 is now available! Therefore Krastorio Legacy is no longer supported! This mod expands the endgame, adds 30+ HR buildings, 60+ technologies, new ores, new items and rebalances almost all vanilla game content, making it harder.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g Ore and plates

4 years ago

OK, so I will be 100% honest. Just started playing with this mod. IT'S FANTASTIC! That said, I have also done a play through using the full 5dim suite of mods (loved the tech and materials) and tried to do an Bob's/Angels and got burnt out. Found this and it seems like an AWESOME in-between!

So, continuing with my thoughts.

I find it somewhat excessive on 3 ore make 1 plate. And then the next upgrade I can find is really ore enrichment where 10 ore become 8 ore and then it's 1 ore to 1 plate. That seems like a huge jump, and it is. As a result I am rushing to get there, and really leaving other things on the side until I can get to the enrichment and then my plate woes will be over.

I was wondering if it would make sense to have a step in between. Maybe even if it's just a tech that give you 1 plate for 2 ore. And then make the enrichment tech a step higher in term of research needed.

As i said, I just started so I might be missing something. But I am feeling forced to rush to the enrichment before really making any major steel or even iron beam manufacturing lines. It doesn't feel like a fluid progression.

4 years ago

Thanks! That's right, this mod was planned as something intermediate, between the vanilla game and the large complex modifications.
About the ore, just do not rush. At the beginning of the game, ore consumption is not as big as it may seem. It is better to develop gradually, as in the vanilla game and when you come to enrichment, you will already have everything you need, including a large amount of sulfur and filtration plants. A big difference is made to stimulate players to think about a new mode of production. Since very often if the profit is not very large, then the players are too lazy to plan a new production.
One of the features of Factorio is that you can never do something completely perfect. There will always be something to improve. For example, besides enrichment of ore in the mod there are also huge advanced furnaces, which are much more efficient than electric furnaces. They will make production faster and more compact, but there is also no point in rushing to open them, because they need a large amount of energy.
But I will discuss with my co-author the possibility of reducing the base ore consumption from 3 to 2.

4 years ago

Thanks. I'm not really suggesting that you just plain old reduce the base ore consumption from 3 to 2. As I like to see the continuous improvement in efficiency. One thing I liked about 5dim was crushers, which really doubled ore. Just wondering if a simple tech that makes ore go from 3 to 2 might be a nice addition? I'm still playing through and it's awesome. I love it. It's a nice in-between! It's a great mod,. I am sure lots of work has gone in to it!

4 years ago

It slows down the progression, and I actually liked how hard it was to fill a yellow belt early on. I didn’t like all the management of the enriched ore myself, but I love a fully beaconed matter factory pumping out multiple purple belts!

4 years ago

Please don’t change the base 3:1 ratio. There is absolutely no reason to rush to enrichment, sure you go through those initial ore patches more inefficiently, but that’s one of the many charms of this awesome mod. Once you can set up a large scale enrichment operation it’s very satisfying. I see no reason to have an intermediate step between the two. There is no reason to worry about wasting ore at the beginning, there is no limit to ore.

New response