Krastorio Legacy deprecated

Caution!!! Krastorio 2 is now available! Therefore Krastorio Legacy is no longer supported! This mod expands the endgame, adds 30+ HR buildings, 60+ technologies, new ores, new items and rebalances almost all vanilla game content, making it harder.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g [Not a bug] Big Mining Drill

4 years ago

Not for sure if this is intended, but every time I dry to put in multiple amounts of Steel Drill head into the Big Mining Drill, it uses one, and outputs the rest with the ore. Seeing how this is a fuel source, shouldn't the extra stay in the fuel slot? Like the burner miners and stone furnaces.

4 years ago

Okay - let me expand on the issue - I was using a loader (well, 2 loaders in chain) to move the ore to a warehouse. I replaced the loaders with a belt, and the steel drill heads stay in the fuel slot.

4 years ago

This drill works the same way as vanilla. This itself unloads the extracted resource. Look at the yellow arrow. If you want to use a loader, then put a chest to the yellow arrow and then a loader to the chest.

4 years ago

did not know that - didn't even think about putting down a chest like that - the things i am learning about this mod - sorry to bother you with my queries

But I am loving the mob, learning everything has i progress, not relying on just plopping down someone else's print, adjusting it, and making it my own. i am having to create and layout my own arrays, and i think that has been something i have missed in Factorio for awhile.

Thanks again Krastor, and if it's okay, I will keep coming back here anytime i think i may have an issue :)

4 years ago

Hi!
I bought Factorio to play this mod. And total beginner. Hehehe.

I really enjoy it, it seems to add new total bonkers gameplay.

I can confirm the issues with the miners. They behave like vanilla coal burners, meaning they spit out everything they have. This makes sense when the fuel and the product is one.
But in Krastorio, that is not the case.
The workaround is to set a feeder filter to the mineral - this will keep the drill heads inside the miner.

Linver β˜†
4 years ago

This is not a bug, this is what we espect from the behaviour of objects!
Big Mining Drill use exactly the electric mining drill prototype, and by definition, the "mining drills" output the produced item automatically, the loader is not needed, is enough put in the next tile of output arrow of mining drill any inventory of any passive entity.

Instead, if u put a loader taking from a drill, what behaviour the game should think the user desire?
- Option A, taking the produced item, but why? The mining drill have this function integrated, is not possible, or better, is a waste, for decoring?
- Option B, taking all item from the drill inventory to transfer somewhere for some reason, the mind of factiorio architect is boundless, we don't know why this is requested but let's do this!

Because the option B give more control to users on entity, is what will be choosen.

4 years ago

Well, its not logical to me, that a drill would eject its fuel, because it thinks its what has been mined.

This only makes sense in one instance - when what has been mined and the fuel is the same.

So if the Imersite drill would also require fuel as Imersite and one could create a "circle" as one can do with the miners the beginning of the game - that would make sense.

But they do not do that. Therefore it is a bug worth adjusting.

Linver β˜†
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Suppose that u want place many drills one near to others, u could use loaders setted, with filter, to distribuite drill heads to the first mining drill to the second mining drill and soo on.... so u can supply with drill heads(fuel) only the first mining drill and u have supply all of them.

Anyway, this is implementation choices, loaders could or not extract all or only one slot of mining drill inventory, in any case have the possibility to extract all give to the player more gameplay expressive power, and in general case, a bug is intented like something that don't allow u to use the mod additions, that make crashes, in this case, u must only don't use loader on the output of mining drill, and u could extract anyway all, no hindrance, no crashes.

Change game behaviour cost time, and must be justified under a unanimous logic, and we prefer spend it on other thing that need more to be revisioned.

New response