Krastorio Legacy deprecated

Caution!!! Krastorio 2 is now available! Therefore Krastorio Legacy is no longer supported! This mod expands the endgame, adds 30+ HR buildings, 60+ technologies, new ores, new items and rebalances almost all vanilla game content, making it harder.

Overhaul
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18

g Best mod for Factorio

Seriously. The work you've done is absolutely bonkers. Just wanted to say great job!
Are there any plans for new vehicles or weapons? Or maybe stronger aliens to balance the new late game tech?

4 years ago

Thank you! Vanilla aliens I made a little stronger and removed the ability to infinitely increase the damage to the turrets. In addition, you can increase the complexity with Bob's Enemies mod. Krastoio supports this mod and customizes it for yourself. I am also working on a battle tank, as I do not like vanilla tank. But it will not be soon, because a lot of work on it. Also, a pulse rifle and new types of shells for vanilla weapons already have been added.

4 years ago

Agreed, I am greatly enjoying this mod - well done! I've enjoyed many mods, including Bobs, Angels, Yosi and many more and this ranks as one of the more if not most enjoyable. Not crazy hard but a nice addition of some complexity. A sort of middle point plus to Bobs + Angels.

Great graphics, receipieces seem prett well balancd, I enjoy the new secondary science research paths and more. Having a great time and well into later game ... now redoing smelting to improve yield with copper and iron powder!

4 years ago

Thank you!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Thirded, this mod seems to strike a perfect balance between a vanilla feel and overly convoluted tech mods. The level of polish is simply brilliant, you'd think this was part of the base game. (Or even better, in a lot of cases, like that shmexy new tank)

I always felt like some mods made ores way too complicated but the way they're handled in Krastorio just feels like a natural expansion of the game.

Thanks a lot for creating this mod and sharing it with the community! <3
Also, a tiny suggestion while passing by : How about an option to disable the conversion of ores via the mod options menu? I know you technically don't have to unlock those sciences or use them, but OCD and self control are both very powerful enemies :p

4 years ago

Thank you! I have plans to reorganize the file structure in the mod and if during the work it will be possible to disable converting ores without any problems, then I will do it. But the antimaterial reactors will remain.

4 years ago

I will add to the platitudes: It is an excelent Mod, it feels very well balanced and it was very fun to learnits mechanics
Congratualtions for your work

New response