King's Turret Shields

by Kingdud

Forked from Turret-Shields by OwnlyMe. Cleaned up the code, removed a lot of options, internal tweaks to how power and damage affect the shield. Lightweight scripted shields with power consumption (configurable or researchable)

Content
2 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

b Unknown Key

3 years ago

Just installed this mod while I was building a wall of turrets.

I noticed that I could place them next to each other if I was dragging upwards. but if I tried to drag the turrets downwards I kept getting an error saying (Unknown Key: "entity-name.square-0" is in the way)

I have also noticed that in some instances if I remove a turret that wasnt powered it will leave the 'Unpowered" symbol flashing where the turret was with a empty shield bar with no way to get rid of it other than turning off the mod.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Yea. That happens to me too. I didn't touch the code for drawing them and...looks at it...they are drawn as entities in the world. crying Why the hell would (the original mod creator) do that?! Just use draw_sprite!. >.< I hate working with graphics. I'll get to this 'later'. That might mean a few hours, or a few days. Depends on when I have an emotional budget for frustration (factorio graphics are my least favorite thing to work on). For now, I've found that if you copy-paste a blueprint, in any direction, your bots will be able to build all the turrets without hitting the problem. Or at least, I've never seen them hit the problem yet.

Can you give me steps to reproduce that second thing? Where you get an unpowered icon sticking around in the world? That's not supposed to happen and I thought I'd fixed that one.

3 years ago

Newest version should fix this. Replacing the entities with animations was actually fairly easy. The shield animations themselves are still entities. But...meh.

3 years ago

Awesome, I will give the update a go and see if the other issue is still a problem

New response