King's Turret Shields

by Kingdud

Forked from Turret-Shields by OwnlyMe. Cleaned up the code, removed a lot of options, internal tweaks to how power and damage affect the shield. Lightweight scripted shields with power consumption (configurable or researchable)

Content
2 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

g Power Connection?

3 years ago

I can't seem to get the turrets to connect to power, am I missing something?

3 years ago

I don't have enough information to provide a response. As long as the turret is in the coverage area (blue square) of a power pole / substation, the sheild should charge automatically. There is no visual indicator of a fully charged shield. You can click no a power pole, and if you see a shield icon in both the producers and consumers side (it should be producing 0kw, but consuming some amount of power) then the shields are working, at least for turrets that have power.

3 years ago

Thank you for responding tho! The turret is within the coverage area as you can see on the image. https://imgur.com/a/DcQEifL
I assumed it was as simple as that so that's why I came to ask. Maybe there's a mod conflict I'm experiencing?

3 years ago

Must be. I've literally never seen that before, either in my tweak, or OwnlyMe's official version.

3 years ago

Well, strange. I disabled all my other mods. Still gives that symbol without drawing any power. I'm at a loss hehe

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

You found a bug. A new version is out that fixes it. Basically, existing turrets were not being scanned for when the shield tech was researched. The struggles of adapting a mod instead of writing it from the ground up. Still, I was saved a LOT of work, so...worth it. Kinda.

3 years ago

Well, that's something! I'll update it now and see if it works. Thanks a lot!

3 years ago

That fixed it, thanks a lot!

New response