KS Combat Revival

Base game Combat improvement mod Updated for 1.1

Tweaks
5 months ago
Combat Enemies

g Option for hitbox size? (DONE)

7 months ago

Hey, I'm enjoying this so far however its a major pain to hit my shots. I have a much easier time using the "Tracer Ammunition" mod that also adds actual projectiles however I believe thats because the hitbox for the bullets is larger. Would it be possible to get a mod option to increase the hitbox for the bullets? That would be awesome, thank you.

6 months ago

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea! The hitbox thing is actually listed as a known bug for this mod, because at certain angles it is so small it wont interact with other entities. Whenever I am free next I'll make sure to add some options for that, as well as making the default size a little bigger :)

6 months ago

That's awesome, thank you.

6 months ago

Hello again, I was wondering if it'd be possible to get a version of KS Combat but without the physical projectiles? I love the arcing grenades and shells but I have a friend with a not so great connection and he finds it difficult to use the physical bullets and would rather use the on hit lock on default shooting. Thank you.

5 months ago

I found out that the bullet hitboxes actually are not aligned properly, but I have made them bigger to compensate. In my testing this made combat feel a lot better as well as having turrets be more accurate. Let me know how this works for you!

5 months ago

I have added an option in the latest version to disable bullet projectiles and use hitscan instead!

5 months ago

I tested this by changing the collision box on the bullets to { { -0.5, -1 }, { 0.5, 1 } } and I was able to fairly reliably hit my shots at every angle. It may be the old collision boxes are just too small to register at certain angels, try it and see what you think.

These numbers were a great starting point, thanks btw!

4 months ago

Awesome, thank you for the changes! I just came back from a hiatus on factorio and saw you updated it. Thanks a lot!

4 months ago

:D

New response