KS Combat Revival

Base game Combat improvement mod Updated for 1.1

Tweaks
5 months ago
Combat Enemies

i Make auto aim toggle-able? (IN PROG)

1 year, 11 days ago

I might get berated for this, but I personally just wanted the bullets to be projectiles as opposed to hitscan, and just wanted the bullets to have the ability to hit things in the way to the target. This mod does all of that (and more really cool stuff) but unfortunately removes auto aim, which I understand is to "be more skill based" but I've found myself just wasting a ton of ammo with missed shots, especially on the smaller biters as they weave in between my shots as I try to make my tiny cursor follow a moving target while I am also moving. If possible, I'd love a way to turn auto-aim back on so it's more like vanilla, as opposed to "ground shooting sim". If not, that's okay I'll try and deal, just thought I'd give a little suggestion for my casual self :)

11 months ago

I have seen this request or similar a fair bit, the problem would be that the auto aim would have to try and compensate for the fact the bullets are projectiles and thus would probably not be perfect or even very accurate. It is something I want to tool around with though.

11 months ago

Well turrets seem to do fine shooting moving biters (except when the biters are north or south of the turret, then for some reason they are absolutely awful at hitting biters), tho I can see what you mean, cause it'd have to compensate for not only the biters moving, but also you moving, most likely in a fast-moving vehicle. Interesting.

10 months ago

Oh interesting, I never noticed that turret aim was worse in certain directions. That's probably due to the fact factorio entities are not square but slightly stretched upwards. But yeah stationary aim calcs are much easier than moving ones

10 months ago

Another thing you can do is adjusting magazine sizes from 10 to 20, so the wasting bullets don't hurt that much.

8 months ago

That's a great idea! Update dropping tonight with a new mod option for setting the magazine size of both rifles and shotguns!

New response