KS Combat Revival

Base game Combat improvement mod Updated for 1.1

Tweaks
5 months ago
Combat Enemies

b Bullets fly over target (bug?) (DONE)

1 year, 10 months ago

Sooo not sure if you're still working on this mod but for me the bullets always go over the target I'm shooting at.. like when shooting at trees or rocks it works but when shooting biters/anything that isn't tree or rock the bullets just fly over the target. I'm using minime with a custom character skin if that affects it

1 year, 7 months ago

So the bullets don't damage the target at all? If so, then this is definitively a bug and I'll look into it. If not and some of your shots hit, the hitboxes of the biters are kind of small, you have to be fairly precise with your shots.

1 year, 7 months ago

Just took a look at the description of minime: "In version 1.1.0, the character scaler part of the mod has been improved: Values from the attack parameters of personal weapons are scaled as well, so the muzzle flare won't be ridiculously off the gun." I think this is probably the problem

1 year, 7 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

Just took a look at the description of minime: "In version 1.1.0, the character scaler part of the mod has been improved: Values from the attack parameters of personal weapons are scaled as well, so the muzzle flare won't be ridiculously off the gun." I think this is probably the problem

Hi, I'm the author of minime and found this thread by mere chance. It doesn't seem reasonable that bullets should miss a target just because they're flying too high. Remember, this is Factorio where you have no Z-axis! Height shouldn't matter at all, as long as there are biters in the direction where you shoot and they are within your weapon's range, you'll hit them. The scaling is just a visual thing, it shouldn't affect anything besides the character's appearance.

Also, I've just tried to go hunting biters. One time, I scaled the character up to 200%, after that I scaled it down to 30%. I could kill all biters I shot at, the scale factor made no difference at all.

@AlexiaNoir: Could you provide a saved game, perhaps? This way, we could sync our mods against your saved game and try to figure out what really causes your problem.

1 year, 7 months ago

@Pi-c Your absolutely right that the character size shouldn't affect this mod. I was just thinking that the collision layer might have been affected by your mod but after testing it myself, it works just fine on my end, tried 20% and 200%, as well as a custom character skin. +1 on providing a save game so we can find out the issue here.

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

I've been using KS Combat Revival with Rampant and it seems that I have the same problem at least with the sub machine gun where bullets don't seem to really hit the target and will only sometimes hit targets with I am shooting from far away. If I am close to them at all then the bullets just go right over them. Unsure if it's intended behavior for the player's bullets to miss most of shots.

1 year, 6 months ago

Definitely not intended behavior, I will try and see if I can recreate the bug, but a save file would be extremely helpful

1 year, 2 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

Hello everyone,
Sorry, if I've come with off-topic, but it's very close to this one.
Do you know modification (or the way of using some particular mod) that will change only one thing: gun fire will hit objects in "path" between rifle (or gun turret) and target object, while still auto-aim, and still 100% hit chance (if no objects are obstructing selected target).

Example: firing at some worm when there is a tree / rock / nest between the worm and my character/tank/gunturret . I want those objects in between to be destroyed first by my fire before hitting worm. And still gun shouldn't allow to target friendly/neutral objects like in Vanilla unless I use "C" .

1 year, 2 months ago

In other words I'd like gun bullets to work the same way tank cannon shells (in vanilla) do while keeping rifle behavior not changed.

New response