|Created:||1 year, 6 months ago|
|Latest Version:||0.2.2 (5 months ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.16 - 0.17|
Makes all inserters take ("leech") fuel from the fuel inventories of entities at their pickup position. They do that whenever their hand is hovering over the pickup location and they or their drop target need refuelling.
This mod is a fork of Klonan's BurnerLeech.
Deviations from BurnerLeech
• All inserters with type = "inserter" exhibit the fuel leech behaviour.
• Only fuel matching the accepted fuel catagories of the target fuel inventory is leeched.
• Leeches from the first suitable stack of fuel first regardless of burner inventory size.
• Inserters transfer as much fuel as they can in one go. They honor (stack) inserter capacity bonuses and
user-set limits on stack size.
• Inserters leech from other fuel inventories if their fuel inventory is empty or the fuel inventory of the drop target
contains less than 5 items (5 also is the vanilla count of fuel items, that are put in burners by default when
fuelling from a belt).
• Inserters only leech fuel into their hand while it hovers over the pickup location.
• Burner / electric inserters don't leech while completely out of energy.
• Inserters honor filters (you can limit the types of fuel that may be leeched by using an inserter, that supports
filters - even a modded burner-tech one).
• Inserters don't leech for themselves if their fuel inventory is not empty. Tried making them grabbing more fuel,
but they refused to keep it for themselves. Because of that, burner inserters only leech fuel for themselves if
their burner inventory is empty (but they do grab a stack as big as possible, so capacity upgrades still have an
effect on the refuelling frequency).
Hard to fix without eating performance without proper API support (something like teleporting held fuel into own
fuel inventory when hand is hovering over the inserter).
Won't fix for now.
• Burner inserters, fuelled by leeching only, might forget to refuel themselves when they are kept busy. The cause
is, that the leech logic, for performance reasons, only runs every "Maximum ticks between updates" ticks for
each inserter while it leeches only if its hand is empty and hovers over the pickup position (to avoid visibly
The current work around teleports single fuel items from the pickup target's fuel inventory to the burner
inserter's fuel inventory if the latter is empty and the inserter's burner has less than a set amount of joules of
energy left. That obviously is cheating. So the default settings are tweaked to be a compromise between
triggeruing this behaviour as rarely as possible while not eating too much performance because of checking too
much inserters per tick. The cheat can be disabled via unticking "Use self-refuelling cheat". It can be tuned by
setting "Self-refuelling cheat fuel". You might experience burner inserters running dry if changing that settings.
Might be fixable in a performance-friendly way by decreasing the time between checks after implementing
seperate lists for inserters that need to be checked (need fuel or have a drop target that needs fuel) and
inserters that do not, but might get a drop target needing refuelling in the future. The latter ones need not be
checked at all until something is built or parked at their drop position.
Might get fixed in next version.
• Inserters may pick up fuel that can't (right now) be inserted into their drop target because of other fuel blocking
all burner inventory slots. This is an issue when using multiple fuel types like when having a box with wood be
fed onto the fuel belt to get rid of it or while migrating from coal to solid fuel.
Easy to fix. Will get fixed in next version.
• Version 0.2.0 is the first version of the fork and compatible to Factorio 0.16
• Version 0.2.1 makes inserters leeching fuel from all entities containing a burner (including locomotives and
burner inserters) and is compatible to Factorio 0.16