Infinite Technologies

by Optera

Adds infinite technologies for bot battery, bot cargo capacity, player logistics slots and inserter capacity. Normalizes infinite technologies to 60s and exponential 2^N formula, either can be disabled in startup settings.

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

g Logarithmic scaling techs

4 years ago

So I'm there checking what to research (I've launched about 300 rockets at this point) and I'm thinking, yea some mining productivity would be nice. I clicked on Mining Productivity 16 and see, huh, that's weird... 8,100,000 SCIENCE PACKS??? Seems so balanced! https://i.imgur.com/TqK3J17.png
Apart from that the other researches are nice but not worth this horrible detriment....

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Read the description before ranting.

Logarithmic techs use the same formula as any other base game infinite tech and on top of that are entirely optional.
For reference Artillery Shell Range 11 requires 1M sci where Mining Productivity 13 requires 1M. Follower count even goes up to rank 15 before hitting 1M.

4 years ago

He's not wrong though. This mod completely breaks the mining productivity research, which it shouldn't even touch. That is a massive shame, beause all other features are just a godsend for megabases.
I have mining productivity on about 150 (very long game 1500+ hours) and usually the research would be a few hundred thousand packs, now it literally says 9.2E, which I believe means 9.2 quintillion science packs.

4 years ago

Again. Read the description.
1) Every part of this mod is optional. Turn it off if you dislike it.
2) The logarithmic formula 2^(L-7)*1000 is the same as base game technologies. Energy weapon damage 150 requires 9.2E as well.

3 years ago

ah, sorry. I thought you can only disable that at the start of the game, but I disabled it in the main menu and then it applied in my older savegame too.

3 years ago

sorry but that's not a logarithmic equation, it's exponential. factorio count_formula does not support log functions.

3 years ago

Right, now that you mention it.

1 year, 11 months ago

Hello, I want to stick with "vanilla" (same computational logic). Should I leave the default settings the same for this, or should I change them? (Default 3 ticks on) Can you help?

New response