Hive Mind

by Klonan

Take control of the biters and lead them to victory against the invading engineers.

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Enemies

g Feedback

2 years ago

I tested the mod just a few hours ago with a friend and wanted to give some Feedback on this.
1) It needs description for everything with some basic Info about it since it doesnt tell you anything, for example i had to dig in the files to figure out what i can put the drill on just to see its basically just a pump-jack re skin.
2) An interface for the diplomacy functions i saw would be nice.
3) Sometimes for reasons i dont know the Pollution display just vanishes you have to leave the Hive and join again to get it back, not sure if it also breaks pollution or not since i wasnt able to afford anything anyways.
4)Every time i left and joined back the mod moved the Hive by one Tile to the right which i believe also should not be that way.
5) Every time you join you gain 1 pollution where i would suggest a fixed start amount instead every time you join so the player can do something while waiting for the enemy players to get started.
6) i would suggest to add an option to the Mod that lets choose if you want a Random Hive or if you want to pick one and then in game you could Pick a specific one to start at.
7) Im also suggesting an Option to pick if the Mod should prevent Ai Hives completely, just the natural spawning, option also choose if you want to disable expansions or leave it as is in Vanilla. So that you can choose if you want that only Player Hives will ever attack the other Player Faction in which case i suspect the mod would need the ability to spawn in a new Hive manually if a player wants to switch but there is no natural Hives that could be used instead.
8) As the Last suggestion i would suggest adding a second drill thats factional to the vanilla ore drill so that you can not only use oil to create Pollution but also Coal, iron, Copper and Stone.
9) Lastly i just wanted to give the feedback that for me the Mod was bugged and i was stuck with a bad Hive start with only an ore that i couldnt put Drills on but it refused to give me other Hives instead so i could not do much during our testing of the Mod, while for my Friend who helped me test the Mod had the game perfectly as intended and was every time assigned a random hive which allowed to try for a good start where the player can actually do something. I have no idea why for me as the Host the mod was bugged but for the player joining me it worked as intended.

Since i read on redit where i found out about this Mod that your also the Community Manager for Factorio i hope that you will find in the Future the time to flesh this Mod more out, fix the bugs it has as of right now, add the Missing text and maybe turn it in to a full release because the way it is right now its a cool and fun proof of concept but unfortunately its noticable that it needs some work before it can be considered completed.

New response