Hiladdar's Robots

Adds a new 4 new tiers of robots, 4 new tiers roboports, 1 new personal roboport designed, and a robot re-caller.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistic network

g ups concern

3 years ago

first, let me preface this by saying that i'm not complaining. not even a little bit. i'm 100 percent grateful this mod exists at all. i use and immensely enjoy all the hiladdar mods. this is more of a request to provide me with some insight so i can make choices. i'm good looking, not smart, so you know, pls be gentle. =p

love this mod. love the upgradeable bots and ports and love that they require resources and crafting instead of just adjusting some settings. really love the increased storage research. the last one i completed was just over 500 million. that took DAYS. love the recaller! good stuff all over!

but the ups hit is ... severe. and i don't know why. maybe severe is the wrong word, but i've seen this mod in the 1.5 range and nothing else i have is remotely close. this is the only hiladdar mod that even uses up some ups (that i've seen) and i'm not entirely sure what is eating ups or how i could tame it. or maybe it's not possible.

any insight? thanks ~

3 years ago

Thank you for your response. I have a test base, which I use to test. That test map can push out 50k science and almost 30 rockets launched per minute. When the base idles, it launches about 1.5 rockets per minute. It does take a few hours to ramp all the production up met science per minute demands, and another few hours to start idling non-needed parts of the base.

When I cramp the research on that base up, it produces a chain reaction, with dormant part of the map becoming more active, and my FPS / UPS on that map can drop from about 55-60 range to the 10-15 range. This is mostly due to the increase of the number or entities, and the physical limits of my CPU / GPU. For the most part, the code that calculates what robots in my mod do is the same code which calculates the base game robots.

My experience, is that there are two major CPU intensive things in the game. First is a nuclear weapons, and second poison capsules. This is specifically related to biters, and once they start moving, and attacking, with our expected response, the FPS/UPS drops. The second major issue is pollution. The larger the pollution cloud the cpu power is needed to calculate it's spread and effects. Both of those are no one's fault, but just the physical limits of computers.

The less objects on the map, the better the FPS / USP. One way this mod does reduce FPS / USP, is by in the very late game having the ability to use 25 robots in a situation where in the early game several hundred where needed. This is mostly due to the faster delivery speed, and larger carrying capacity of the robots. Along the same line, some players choose to have no belts on their maps, and only use trains to lower the number of objects on the map.

Hiladdar

New response