Helicopters

by kumpu

Adds a fully animated attack helicopter to the game. Ideal for getting from A to B quickly, exploring the map, building islands and nuking biters from the sky. Now 84% less buggier!

Content
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.17
Transportation

g Damage Modifying

4 years ago

At first thanks for that Awesome Mod.

Now my Question: Do i have an Option to push up the damage for that Machinegun a bit? What is the file that sets the Damage value? For my Playstyle i want a bit more Punch.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I have added the code necessary to do what you want. Here is working code you can use to modify the damage modifier to your hearts content.

https://github.com/blueh0000ff/factorio-helicopters

Simply go into the prototypes/items/heli_gun.lua and change damage_modifier to whatever you wish.

I added heli_gun.lua, added it to the requires in data.lua, then changed the guns parameter in the heli-entity in prototypes/entities/heli_entity.lua from tank-machine-gun to heli-gun, and added the english locale.

4 years ago

It works. Thanks a lot.

4 years ago

You're welcome :)

4 years ago

And whether you can make an opportunity to regulate the speed, acceleration and force of braking?)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

All you need to do is edit prototypes/entities/heli_entity.lua, lines 113,114,117

consumption = "3.2MW",
braking_power = "1MW",
weight = 2800;

consumption will modify engine power by increasing or decreasing speed based on fuel usage.
braking_power will modify engine braking power by increasing or decreasing fuel usage.
weight will modify how much the engine has to move, increasing or decreasing both braking and speed equally.

I will try to see about adding settings in game for these features, so editing the files is not required.

4 years ago

It doesn't look like you can modify entities at runtime, so in-game settings for this is not possible :(

4 years ago

ty, my friend)

4 years ago

I just learned about startup settings, which allow you to modify entity values... I will see about adding these.

4 years ago

Cool)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Ok, I have added the settings into the mod! Now you can go into Main Menu > Settings > Mod settings and change these values.

Enjoy

https://github.com/blueh0000ff/factorio-helicopters/releases/download/v0.3.5/Helicopters_0.3.5.zip

New response