Helicopters

by kumpu

Adds a fully animated attack helicopter to the game. Ideal for getting from A to B quickly, exploring the map, building islands and nuking biters from the sky. Now 84% less buggier!

Content
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.17
Transportation

g Option to leave helicopter idling.

5 years ago

Love the mod! I'm often flying around to my outposts and hopping out to do some quick work. I realized that the chopper NEEDS a land and leave running option because the rotors spin up time is so long. It would make it more immersive too!

5 years ago

but it would still burn fuel

5 years ago

All part of the give-and-take... Burn some fuel while idling, or wait while it spins up

5 years ago

The way I handle the spin up is by hitting shift-F (to tell it to come to my position) while I'm walking towards it. It starts taking off and I get in while it's in midair.

4 years ago

Alternatively, you can also reduce take-off time by editing "rotorRPFacceleration" to be 0.001 instead of 0.002

The variable is currently defined on line 7 of heliAttack.lua (bit of a cryptic location given take-off is completely unrelated to attack).

4 years ago

Agreed, this feature will be very useful when paired with equipment grid since it can be used as a giant personal laser defence in the sky that follows you

New response