Helicopters

by kumpu

Adds a fully animated attack helicopter to the game. Ideal for getting from A to B quickly, exploring the map, building islands and nuking biters from the sky. Now 84% less buggier!

Content
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.17
Transportation

g nice mod, but... stopping tweek and fuel alert.

6 years ago

this seems like a nice mod, but i used nuke fuel (vanilla) and it says low fuel, filled all slots with nuke fuel and still has same issue. so i turned off the low fuel alert. i flew around a bit and it take off nice and fly's around good, but when i want to stop i cant takes forever, like a train with no brake upgrades, suggest that the helo follow the same brake upgrades as trains or apply max brake upgrade to the helo some other way. or you can tell me what to change to make it slow down much faster. thanks

6 years ago

Max fuel takes stack size into account, and nuclear has a one item stack size. So it's correct, but I'll probably add a fuel trimmer.
Brake force is intended but you can change it in prototpyes\entities\heli_entity.lua -> braking_power if you want.

6 years ago

i changed braking_power from 1mw to 3mw, 9mw, 100mw even tried 1kw and there is no difference in braking speed, changed fuel to rocket fuel, only fly's and excels slower, what am i missing? i also seen breaking_speed in there and tried to adjust that value as well, but no luck.

thanks for your help.

6 years ago

Which entity did you change? You have to edit the base entity, the one where it says "---------------------base entity---------------------" on top.

6 years ago

i changed the first one i seen, under data extend, i didn't know there was others, lol, thanks for the extra tip on where to adjust.

i adjusted to 10mw braking power and it is much better now, thanks again

6 years ago

thought that you would like to know the low fuel alert is also present with a full 5 tanks of bio industries coke coal as well, this works well until rocket fuel becomes available.

suggest if possible it detect fuel in each tank, if you have something in that tank, it can count as a 1/5th (or 1/4) full, the final tank being the only fuel remaining can show low fuel alert, this might be useful for fuel adding mods.

New response