Helicopters

by kumpu

Adds a fully animated attack helicopter to the game. Ideal for getting from A to B quickly, exploring the map, building islands and nuking biters from the sky. Now 84% less buggier!

Content
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.17
Transportation

i Couple suggestions

6 years ago

Immunity to fire, at least while flying (if it's possible to change the stats between the two states). As is, if I use explosive rockets or something that causes fires (like using a mod that adds incendiary ammo) and then I fly over the fire, the Helo takes damage.

Maybe also give the weapon ranges a slight boost? Seems it is supposed to be flying and thus have a higher elevation over everything, it'd be nice for the weapons to be able to reach a bit further. Maybe the machine gun to 25 and rockets to 40? (iirc, they're currently 20 & 30, respectively). It just feels like I'm having to get way closer than what I should before I can shoot. If it's possible to tie this to the Helo's elevation (pressing Up/Down), that'd be even better. :) As is I don't think there's much use behind Up/Down other than looks, is there?

Finally, is there anyway to change the rocket launcher rate of fire when loaded with an Atomic Bomb? Just would be nice to decrease it significantly so it's harder to accidentally shoot multiple of them at the same spot. XD Maybe even decrease the range of them when loaded in the Helo so that they're "dropped" rather than fired like a rocket (seems the Helo is immune to the explosion, anyway).

I understand there are some limitations as to what you can and can't do, just wanted to throw these out there.

6 years ago

Can't change damage resistances at runtime, sorry.
Weapon ranges - np, but I can't change it at runtime either. Same goes for the rate of fire.
If you really want this, you could ask the devs and let me know if they do it.

New response