Helicopters

by kumpu

Adds a fully animated attack helicopter to the game. Ideal for getting from A to B quickly, exploring the map, building islands and nuking biters from the sky. Now 84% less buggier!

Content
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.17
Transportation

b Some Bugs, tips&suggestion

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

In factorio 0.16.6

I tried this mod and i really enjoy this one, really fun to play with (mostly with nuclear rocket hehehe).

A little sad that bitter can still hit the helicopter tho.(and i don't know if it is possible to cancel that)

BUGS : HELICOPTER PAD : they can be placed upon each other and sometimes i click once and 2/3 or 4 is placed at the same time and at the same locations.

Funny stuff hapen on the map but it seem to be already know.

Helicopter pad cannot be removed by robot.

Tips :

-Moving do NOT CANCEL LANDING, if you are moving while landing the elicopter will be DESTROYED. (Instead of SHIFT+E use W or Z : it will cancel landing if you move and mostly will avoid a helicopter and his stuff gone)

Suggestions :
-An immunity for bitters to damage the helicopter ? since it is supposed to fly.

-Make Helicopter Pad able to be removed by robot

• Ok it fly so normal explosion can touch him but a nuclear explosion under it while stationary in the sky should kill it no ?
6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Also i don't know why but now when i try to switch off the light above water a dead body is spawning :D

6 years ago

I'm aware of almost all of this... It's always an uphill battle with factorio, all the workarounds you need lead to such issues. But thanks for the feedback, if I find fixes I will patch it.
I can't use W, it would override vanilla controls. And besides I don't think its an issue:P

6 years ago

It don't override for me, it do both

6 years ago

Hello, I could be wrong, but what I think what Navarth means is that while landing, if you press any of the movement keys (W or Z) it should cancel the landing rather than requiring you to press SHIFT+E. The idea here being that if you're in the process of landing and then whoops, biters are attacking, it's a bit easier to just suddenly start moving and expect that your helo will regain altitude rather than attempting to complete the landing.

On the flip side of this, it is convenient in it's current form so you can adjust your helo's position while landing. I'd have to say I'm on the fence as to which would be better.

6 years ago

I gotcha guys, it's a legit idea, but I have to say I'm not always a fan of simplifying gameplay. Failing can be fun and I think it's more rewarding to be aware of the situation and doing the right thing, than having the heli do everything for you.

New response