Helicopters

by kumpu

Adds a fully animated attack helicopter to the game. Ideal for getting from A to B quickly, exploring the map, building islands and nuking biters from the sky. Now 84% less buggier!

Content
5 years ago
0.15 - 0.17
Transportation

g Biters Can Hit Helicopter While Flying

6 years ago

I'm not a great modder so I don't have a solution for this. I'm trying to think about how to solve it and if I think of something I will tell you, but I thought it was worth mentioning that biters can still hit the helicopter while it's in flight. I realize this is because of how the vehicle is modeled by the game. I'm trying to think if there is some way we can "hide" the entity from biters or something. Have you considered this?

6 years ago

I guess setting the vehicle faction to neutral or enemy would stop the attacks. But imo that would completely destroy the balancing, as now even spitters and worms wouldn't mind you anymore. So I don't have a good solution yet. If I find one, I'll implement it! :-)

6 years ago

Good deal. I've been looking through the API for something we could use, but haven't found anything yet. I agree without spitter attacks it's just goofy.

New response