Helicopters

by kumpu

Adds a fully animated attack helicopter to the game. Ideal for getting from A to B quickly, exploring the map, building islands and nuking biters from the sky. Now 84% less buggier!

Content
4 years ago
0.15 - 0.17
Transportation

i Auto Fy To Home Base/ Preset coordinate ?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Probably outside the scope of this mod.
But i loving it too much, in fact i stopped use my "shuttle train mod" at all after i use this mod.
So, is it possible to make it auto fly to preset coordinate ?
So every time i scout some place, i can push a GUI button to make it fly to preset coordinate/homebase.
Or even make it that it can fly to you from home base, if you push a hotkey (like train shuttle mod did).
I already make dedicated concrete helipad for this , lol.
It would be awesome if it's possible, a must have mod this would become.

6 years ago

I like the idea and I'll work on it, can't tell you how long it's going to take tho. Still fairly new to factorio modding!

6 years ago

Thank you, hopefully you can make it work.
This makes me smile ear to ear.

6 years ago

Just a quick heads-up to let you know that I didn't forget about this, here is what I got so far: http://i.imgur.com/xDhHVbn.jpg
Its a real pain to work with the GUI system, but I want to take the time and make it as good as I can. ;)
It's still wip, for example the icons could need a rework to make them more coherent.

6 years ago

Thank you so much !
Sorry for the late reply, there's no notification whatsoever in email or something.

You have no idea i always waiting for this (progress) on the back of my mind :)

BUT, take your time.
When this mod is released, i'm so impressed by the quality of it.
It's very polished.

Honestly, even with the current state, i'd say this mod is a must have, alongside with FARL.

Bit funny story:
VERY Long range scouting on new game, resource was too low to produce even solid fuel (rocket fuel still miles away in research), so i forced to use coal.
BAD decision. End up crashing/running out of fuel in the middle of nowhere.
Must get back to base using a mere wood, have to land couple of times just to mined wood.
lol..

10/10 would do that again !

6 years ago

Haha, nice to hear your story! And thanks for the good feedback.
I made some progress on the gui, although mostly internal. Also added a heli pad.
The idea is that you have 3 options: send a heli to yourself, to a position on the map, and to heli pads. Not sure how the send-to-map will work out, there are some issues due to modding limitations, so I might have to drop that.
Anyways, here is how it looks so far. If you have suggestions please let me know.
http://i.imgur.com/iCB3CqQ.jpg

New response