HelicopterRevival

Adds a fully animated attack helicopter to the game. Ideal for getting from A to B quickly, exploring the map, building islands and nuking biters from the sky. Originally forked from Kumpu with fixes for Factorio 0.18.2+, but adding some enhancements of my own as well.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation

i [enhancement] Minor Bug with Bob's Vehicle Equipment and Vehicle Grid, Solution provided

1 year, 10 months ago

When loading HelicopterRevival with Bob's Vehicle Equipment mod and Vehicle Grid, the helicopter only accepts armor equipment, instead of taking vehicle equipment like it's probably supposed to.

Solution:
In data-final-fixes.lua add this underneath the Krastorio2 check

if mods["VehicleGrid"] then
if mods["bobvehicleequipment"] then
-- copy Bob's equipment categories into heli-equipment-grid
data.raw["equipment-grid"]["heli-equipment-grid"].equipment_categories = data.raw["equipment-grid"]["bob-car"].equipment_categories
end
end

this worked perfectly in my testing

1 year, 9 months ago

This isn't a bug, and I changed the title accordingly...

But I'm confused by this... Why limit the equipment grid to vehicle grid?

1 year, 9 months ago

As is, with the modlist I'm running, the helicopter's equipment grid only accepts equipment designed for armor that is worn by the player character (like powered armor or modular armor). The code above will change that in order for the helicopter to use equipment allowed on cars, like the Krastorio2 compatibility check above it.

New response