HelicopterRevival

Adds a fully animated attack helicopter to the game. Ideal for getting from A to B quickly, exploring the map, building islands and nuking biters from the sky. Originally forked from Kumpu with fixes for Factorio 0.18.2+, but adding some enhancements of my own as well.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation

b [bug] Amazing mod! Couple bugs and suggestion

2 years ago

Thanks for maintaining this mod! It's one of my favorites!

1) I'm guessing this is related to the recent shadow update, but my helicopter now misses the H landing pad by about the same distance as the shadow. It lands too far to the left.
2) I think this was an issue before, but the hit spot when using an inserter to insert fuel is left of the helicopter. See screenshot below illustrating the two bugs. Only the far left inserter is inserting.
https://imgur.com/a/Xe0Kiur
3) I have a bug that if I pick up the helicopter, and place it back down, all of the items in the grid disappear. The grid shows on hover, so I think it's getting picked up but is empty on placement.

As for suggestion, would love a (krastorio2 compatible) endgame upgraded helicopter, or as an easier solution, some research to increase the grid size. I know there's another helicopter mod that allows a setting to configure the grid size, but I want to have to work for it.

2 years ago

+1

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

1) I'm guessing this is related to the recent shadow update, but my helicopter now misses the H landing pad by about the same distance as the shadow. It lands too far to the left.

I know. I didn't even noticed that part before publishing the version. It's a weird thingy, but already looked at. And from what I can tell, issue #1 and issue #2 are connected.

For #3, I also got a report not long ago and from what I can tell that's completely my fault. Comes with never dealing with inventories before. I guess blindly copying code isn't really way to go. Oops.

As for suggestion, would love a (krastorio2 compatible) endgame upgraded helicopter, or as an easier solution, some research to increase the grid size.

And for this... it might be quite viable, not only for K2, but vanilla as well. We'll see how things go.

1 year, 11 months ago

Another bug: since the same update, the helicopter flys visibly under a lot of entities that it should be above.

1 year, 11 months ago

Another bug: since the same update, the helicopter flys visibly under a lot of entities that it should be above.

Can I get examples?

1 year, 11 months ago

Lemme open up my game and play closer attention. I've only been catching it out of the corner of my eye as I fly by. So much for staying off Factorio today. ;-P

1 year, 11 months ago

I got this bug too:

https://ibb.co/1npT61j
https://postimg.cc/GHPj7JBx

• The helicopter appears to fly below the inserters and power cables!

Thanks

1 year, 11 months ago

ok, here's a non-comprehensive list that I've noticed after just a couple seconds of flying around. Flies under power lines, bots, warehouse roof, and all of the alt-bubbles. I tried to get them all in one photo. This is my flying at full ride-height. https://imgur.com/a/omjhrbM

1 year, 11 months ago

Still have the problem of the equipment on the grid disappearing!

1 year, 11 months ago

One last thing that isn't exactly a bug, but this mod is about 0.2 on the show-time-usage screen when doing absolutely nothing. Would be nice if whatever is happening behind the scenes went into a sleep mode (more ticks between updates) so that would be closer to zero. I know it's not crazy high, but with over a hundred mods installed, little things like that add up.

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

Flies under power lines, bots, warehouse roof, and all of the alt-bubbles. I tried to get them all in one photo.

Yeah, I forgot about that... I made a mental note a while ago about it, and then forgot about these... Will (probably) fix in a later update if I don't forget about it again...

I know. I hadn't addressed that issue yet... Having it not crash at the startup took precedence.

1 year, 11 months ago

And thanks so much for working on these issues and responding! Just noticed you responded to my suggestion above.

And for this... it might be quite viable, not only for K2, but vanilla as well. We'll see how things go.
Thanks. Yeah, I think K2+SE just needs a couple different science requirements. Mods that add endgame content that don't update for these mod packs often end up feeling like you get everything way too early.

1 year, 11 months ago

Honestly, with the remote, not being able to pick up the helicopter isn't really a problem. I actually wish that vanilla Factorio wouldn't let you pick up vehicles. Would force you to build parking lots and deal with that.

1 year, 11 months ago

Yeah, I think K2+SE just needs a couple different science requirements. Mods that add endgame content that don't update for these mod packs often end up feeling like you get everything way too early.

Right. Balancing acts and mod blends is going to be fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

Honestly, with the remote, not being able to pick up the helicopter isn't really a problem. I actually wish that vanilla Factorio wouldn't let you pick up vehicles. Would force you to build parking lots and deal with that.

It's still annoying. Especially if you're either testing things or deconstruct it by mistake...

1 year, 10 months ago

Any update on the bug of the helicopter appears to fly below the inserters and power cables?

Thanks

1 year, 10 months ago

Nah, nothing about that just yet... Didn't have much time to attend the mod since this thread was active...

1 year, 4 months ago

Any update on the bug of the helicopter appears to fly below the inserters and power cables?

Thanks

Any update on this issue?

1 year, 4 months ago

Any update on this issue?
No, unfortunately... It's it really something I've actively looked into.... I just... uh... spent like 500+ hours with Krastorio 2 since the last update...

1 year, 3 months ago

If I'm not mistaken, this bug was introduced when you fixed another bug the the helicopter always land slight outside where the user ordered. Maybe trying another way to solve that older bug...

Thanks

1 year, 3 months ago

If I'm not mistaken, this bug was introduced when you fixed another bug the the helicopter always land slight outside where the user ordered. Maybe trying another way to solve that older bug...

Thanks

Nah... That part was reverted... Besides, that part that caused automatic landing misalignments had nothing to do with how high the vehicle appears...

New response