HelicopterRevival

Adds a fully animated attack helicopter to the game. Ideal for getting from A to B quickly, exploring the map, building islands and nuking biters from the sky. Originally forked from Kumpu with fixes for Factorio 0.18.2+, but adding some enhancements of my own as well.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation

b Not landing on helipad

2 years ago

just installed the latest update but now the helicopter lands away from the helipad. I noticed the SHADOW of the helicopter flies
directly to the helipad but when the helicopter lands it is several lengths away from the helipad.

2 years ago

Hm...
I'll look into it...

2 years ago

I made the following observation in V0.1.5:

When the helicopter gains height, the shadow doesn't move, but the helicopter does. It seems, that the original mod author used the shadow to determine, where to land. This works with manual landings and with automated landings.

My two cents:
Now, that the shadow moves diagonally (down and right) when the helicopter gains height, it makes the prediction where I will land pretty hard (Because the deviation depends on your flying height). But I will be the last person who will hinder you to add more realism to this great mod.

2 years ago

I had this problem too... Hope you have a solution!

2 years ago

Just swap the shadow graphic with the helicopter graphic easy peasy :)

New response