HelicopterRevival

Adds a fully animated attack helicopter to the game. Ideal for getting from A to B quickly, exploring the map, building islands and nuking biters from the sky. Originally forked from Kumpu with fixes for Factorio 0.18.2+, but adding some enhancements of my own as well.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation

i Interactions with K2

2 years ago

I've already done them in my personal files, and figured it would be something other players who happen to use both mods would be interested in.

Change ideas:

Helicopter gun
Ammo type: rifle > anti-material.
Cooldown: 4 > 15 (Shooting speed: 15/s > 4/s)
Range: 20 > 70

Helicopter rocket pod
Range: 30 > 45

With the gun change, the helicopter would be in line with the improved tank's heavy machine gun. The rocket pod change is moreso a balance tweak K2 made on rockets as a whole; 45 is the midpoint between personal rocket launcher and the spidertron's. While modifying the gun's range is mostly pointless with K2, it would still benefit players who use the auto-aim config option.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

When were these changes made?

2 years ago

The changes I suggested were not official changes anywhere. They were changes I made to my game, that I thought would be an interesting suggestion after playing with it for a while. I apologize if it was worded funny. Lol

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hm...
Sounds like something that could potentially end up in the config itself...

Or that, or I could potentially just add anti-materiel gun if K2 is installed?
Decisions, decisions...

2 years ago

There's probably a dozen better ways than I did. I had the random thought of, "What if the tank's cool MG that's overshadowed by the railgun was on something that would actually make use of it?" I then spent 10 minutes digging through files for names and sounds, making a hack job of code I don't really understand, and it somehow worked. Then I was quite pleased with the results. Late night gaming in a nutshell, honestly.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Oh wow, you added that way faster than I expected. I seen in you did a bit differently than I did. I didn't go through making a whole new gun, and just overwritten the old, but yours is definitely more compatible. Lol

This was the quick and messy one I made the other day: https://gist.github.com/RafaelFuchs/911052089d1fb139797b90d2c0e91c6f

I've had my morning coffee. Here's a merge with yours, favoring your stat changes and config compatibility. I can toss together a quick photoshop so it keeps the K2 icon theme as well.
https://gist.github.com/RafaelFuchs/a5f6672b0a73282059136a239ca21b6d

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

New response