HelicopterRevival

Adds a fully animated attack helicopter to the game. Ideal for getting from A to B quickly, exploring the map, building islands and nuking biters from the sky. Originally forked from Kumpu with fixes for Factorio 0.18.2+, but adding some enhancements of my own as well.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Transportation

b [Fixed] helicopter doesn't rotate after map load, doesn't descend after leaving it

3 years ago

I had been playing a game with the new mod and a freshly built helicopter, saved the map, quit.
Restarted and updated some mods i don't remember, stuff like LTN. Not sure those are relevant.
In any case, after the load, i was still in the helicopter, and it was flying around and on rotating the lampshine rotated, but the sprite itself didn't change anymore. Leaving it just left it hovering.
Deconstructing it and setting it on the ground again made it function properly again.

3 years ago

I have similar problems. The helicopter is totally unresponsive after load of the save file. I believe it has to do with the main game update. I'm on 0.18.28 now. Lately I forgot to close the GUI before leaving and now I cannot close it or click in it, because it crashes the game.

3 years ago

The mod HelicopterRevival (0.0.4) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event HelicopterRevival::on_gui_click (ID 1)
HelicopterRevival/logic/gui/remoteGui.lua:99: attempt to concatenate field 'prefix' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
HelicopterRevival/logic/gui/remoteGui.lua:99: in function 'OnGuiClick'
HelicopterRevival/control.lua:288: in function <HelicopterRevival/control.lua:268>

3 years ago

Ran into this on load:

Error while running event HelicopterRevival::on_tick (ID 0)
HelicopterRevival/logic/timer.lua:54: attempt to call method 'callback' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
HelicopterRevival/logic/timer.lua:54: in function 'OnTimerTick'
HelicopterRevival/control.lua:127: in function <HelicopterRevival/control.lua:122>

3 years ago

this might be a fix for the timer crash i ran into

https://github.com/wolfhowlmedia/factorio-helicopters/pull/3

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I hadn't been on Factorio for a while now, so these reports kind of slipped past me... Sorry about that.

Also, yay for Github not emailing me about PRs... I'll merge these into the mod later today or early tomorrow...

New response