Hall of Fame

The most extensive collection of menu simulations that showcase beautiful and memorable megabases by talented players and speedrunners, including Xterminator, AntiElitz, SteveTrov, and many more! This can also be used as an relaxing screensaver. For more information about the bases see the mod page.

Tweaks
1 year, 1 month ago

b [Not a bug] Post Nauvis Collapse long running

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I have the setting left at default 120 secs, but the Post Nauvis Collapse simulation will run for about 330 secs. All others seem fine and run for the set 120 secs.

2 years ago

Hello! There's unfortunately nothing I can do about that one because it's the UPS that's dropping, meaning time passes slower according to the game. So your game is probably running at 120/330*60 = 22UPS. It's probably the most intensive simulation in this mod because it's zoomed out so far, which I had to do to be able to see the beautiful design.

Thanks for reporting though :)

2 years ago

Hmm, is there any way for me to load this in map editor or as a normal save/scenario so I can use the in game UPS counter to verify? Because this PC really shouldn't have those problems for something like this....

2 years ago

Yeah, you could unzip the mod zip-file. In there is a folder called simulations, and in there is zip file called nauvis_post_collapse or something. This is a normal save file you can copy into your saves folder.

And the simulation GPU limited. It's zoomed out much further than you're able to normally. So the GPU needs to draw a massive number of things.

2 years ago

Thanks. I’ll give that a try later. I think there’s either a mod or console command that can unlock zooming, right?

It’s possible it’s my GPU. It’s got a lot of memory (16 Gb), but it’s not meant for gaming per-say (Quadro P5200).

2 years ago

Yeah, of course.

https://wiki.factorio.com/Console#Zoom_beyond_normal_bounds

If it's not the case, and for some reason the timing is wrong, please let me know ;)

New response