Hall of Fame

The most extensive collection of menu simulations that showcase beautiful and memorable megabases by talented players and speedrunners, including Xterminator, AntiElitz, SteveTrov, and many more! This can also be used as an relaxing screensaver. For more information about the bases see the mod page.

Tweaks
1 year, 2 months ago

i [Added] Suggestion for default timing

2 years ago

Hello!
I'm sorry to be a bother but I had the idea that since the Factorio theme repeats on the main menu now, you could time the imulation duration default to it. By my testing, that is nearly 141 seconds. It's not far off the 120 second default currently and I thought it would be neat (I changed mine to it).
Thank you!

2 years ago

Hello Avona! No bother at all. That's a good point, I might need to change that. Unfortunately I don't think it will retroactively change people's already downloaded it, but there's no easy way around that.

I'm curious why this request though, because I assumed most people won't stay in the menu that long anyway. 2 Minutes was chosen as that's likely longer than someone would stare at the background, find his save-game, and continue playing :)

2 years ago

You bring up a good point. Maybe I'm just a weird one that sits on the main menu and gets mesmerized by the simulations... maybe no one else does this... I also like the Factorio theme so I've sat through it so many times... I couldn't tell you how long I've watched the Hall of Fame simulations... a long time.
I used to watch the default simulations but they get boring fast (I'm also not big on spidertron and there are two simulations with them). There's not enough on them and not enough to think about. I do wish you'd put more simulations faster but I recognize that really this should be a laid back endeavor. And you've built up quite a few over time so I'm not complaining.
The other menu simulation mod has nothing on yours. They've got undergrounds that go nowhere and balancers that don't make sense... So I uninstalled it.
Your response seems to indicate that I'm your biggest fan lol. Well keep it up! ^_^

2 years ago

Factorio really does have great main menu music! You do have a good suggestion. I will change the default timing to 141 seconds to line up with the main menu music, but it will only go out when I do a new release :)

I think what helps my simulations over others' mods is that I didn't build them myself :P It's all true, organic, thought through bases, some with hundreds of hours behind them. I just put them into simulations, which is much easier. And I am planning on adding a few more soon, it's just quite a slow process unfortunately.

Thanks Avona!

2 years ago

I will sometimes sit at the menu and am memorized by it.... :)

As for the setting applying to others, I think if you change the default, and a user's setting is still the default (or they've never changed it), then it will update for them. It's only if they've changed the value to something other than the default, I believe.

2 years ago

Implemented for version 1.12! Thanks again, this was a really good suggestion!

And changing the default settings only change it on clean installs. The game doesn't know if the setting is on default (should update) or if the player coincidentally set the setting to default purpousfully (should not update). So it rather does nothing :)

2 years ago

Sweet! Although mine is already set of course, I'm sure it will be a nice surprise for new people that watch all the way through! ^_^

New response