Ghost Scanner

by Optera

Adds a combinator reading ghost requests from the logistic network it's placed in.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Circuit network

g Potential UPS Improvement

2 years ago

Is it possible for you to break the updates for each zone into their own updates?

Right now, I've got ghost scanner (In space exploration mod), on about 7 different planets. In a vanilla scenario, there could simply just be multiple networks. I'm curious instead of doing all the updates per tick interval, break out each ghost scanner update into their own tick.

ie. 6 different zones for ghost scanners. 120 tick interval set in settings. Each 20 ticks do one scan per zone.

Right now, running 6 different scans within one tick is brutal. It lags during this time significantly, causing major jitters. I think this would go a long way to help stabilize UPS.

2 years ago

While certainly possible, that's up to someone else.
I stopped modding for Factorio, don't expect new features or major rewrites for any of my mods.

2 years ago

If I commit a pull request, would you consider merging/updating?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Unlikely, considering how much testing will be required to ensure cell changes between those spaced out scans don't completely mess up ghost counts.
As long as you credit me, feel free to fork it if you want to tackle that mess.

2 years ago

I tried this mod and sadly it makes my game unplayable. The game freezes each 5 or 10 seconds after a depoly a single unit of 'Ghost Scanner'!

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

danbopes, how about you make a fork and make the updates there? then post the git here. or even upload the updated version to the portal.

here is a discussion that may help https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?t=24147

New response