Ghost Scanner

by Optera

Adds a combinator reading ghost requests from the logistic network it's placed in.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Circuit network

i [Implemented] Returns Un-buildable Items

2 years ago

If there is a ghost on the ground that isn't a buildable item (and thus not placeable by bots), the Ghost Scanner will still export a signal for it. Most notable are the "Logistic Train Stop Input" (lamp) and "Logistic Train Stop Output" (combinator).

Anything that can't actually be crafted should probably be excluded. They can't be filtered out because there is no way to set those object-signals in a constant combinator. If these signals make their way to something like a filtered stack inserter, that inserter will effectively be dead. And if construction is waiting for that inserter to provide items, it's deadlock.

-- Brian

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

If anyone is interested, here's a hand-crafted constant combinator that exports these signals, which can then be used for filtering.

0eNqdkdFuwyAMRf/Fz1ANlCgpvzJVFUlZZ4mYCEy1KOLfB+lLn6ppPGF077F92WHy2a0RicHsgHOgBOZzh4R3sr698bY6MIDsFhBAdmlV07EllnNYJiTLIUIRgHRzP2BUuQhwxMjonrij2K6Ul8nFKngLErCGVL2BWv/Kk4M+9QK2euuUOvW1U/VxDP46uW/7wGqqyi/07OKf5vfhjolxlhwtkkwcVhkyr5nhgOeWh+w/6nnZSvyLi/QWq8ultLwOkHn5DwGPus2Rgh5VN5z10I3jWauhlF86N5Mg
2 years ago

For LTN that'll be as simple as not showing items flagged as "hidden".
Won't work for mods that don't hide their unobtainable items though.

2 years ago

Seems reasonable to me.

New response