Ghost Scanner

by Optera

Adds a combinator reading ghost requests from the logistic network it's placed in.

Content
1 year, 2 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Circuit network

i Cliff explosives for cliffs planned to be demolished

4 years ago

Hello

The mod is great as it allows me to combine it with LTN and just place a blueprint. It'll automatically order all the materials, bring them and let the bots build it, so I can just forget about it and it'll do everything automatically.

There's however one missing thing. If I place the blueprint somewhere over cliffs with shift, the cliffs get marked for demolition. The built-in alert-icon listing missing materials includes the cliff explosives needed, but the ghost scanner does not. Therefore, the train won't bring them and the bots with the machines will just sadly hover over the cliffs forever, waiting for it to disappear.

Would it make sense for the ghost scanner to list the needed cliff explosives too? I know these are not exactly materials for the blueprint, but they are needed for it to be built anyway and it would make it consistent with the missing materials icon.

Thank you

4 years ago

I'll have to check if cliffs even report anything when marked for deconstruction.

3 years ago

I too would love this feature :)
Did you get time to look into it?

3 years ago

I've added cliffs reporting explosives for 1.5.4.
Caveat: The reported amount of explosives is per cliff segment and way higher than what bots will actually need, since optimizations used by construction bots are not exposed through the api and I'm not going to replicate it in lua.

3 years ago

Thank you, I'll test it out :-) (I'll have to dig some older save of the previous game)

New response