Ghost Scanner

by Optera

Adds a combinator reading ghost requests from the logistic network it's placed in.

Content
1 year, 3 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Circuit network

i Logistic Network Demand

4 years ago

Hi!

First of all, this mod does what it announces to do, and seems to do it well, thanks for that!

However, it only solves half of my problem, namely transporting build items to outlying outposts via the logistic network: It works for one network, but not recursively for more than one network, as it only outputs ghost demands, not overall network demands (again, it works as documented).

Would it be possible to (optionally?) also output (unfulfilled) network demands?

To illustrate why this is useful: every train line of mine is a logistic network, and every mining place is. Since I play with rampant, actual map space is harder to come by with than in vanilla (you need to fight for it and defend it continously). Between logistic networks I have a simple interface with a requester/provider chest and a constant combinator that makes sure a certain amount of replacement materials are always available by requesting them from the neighbouring network, recursively until it hits the main base. This is slow transport, but much easier to build than an LTN station (takes much less space, is much easier to place) for each network and works great for occasional building materials, e.g. when a turret is destroyed.

Problem is, each time I add an item, I need to update all constant combinators. With this mod, I don't have to do this for ghosts in the originating network, but I still have to add items manually to each intermediate network, because what is a ghost in one network becomes requester chest demand in the next, and the ghost scanner doesn't see that.

FRom my searches, it seems this is either unimplementable or very hard, so I totally understand if this can't be implemented, or is out of scope for the ghost scanner mod. But it is so damn close :)

4 years ago

I'd rather not expand the scope of this mod.

Currently the Logistic Network api is excruciatingly slow.
Using constant combinator to set item requests has magnitudes better performance.

4 years ago

Well, thanks for your mod anyway :)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

well if you are up to suggestions schmorp then what I use with the constant combinator is an arithmetic combinator with a connection to the input chest (well in my case I use this trick inside a factormissimo 2 building to set the outside requester chest's requests) to work out the deficiency (again in my case it be a positive number that brings items in and I do the same for exporting items as well) and with the arithmetic combinator set to multiply a negative number (-1 works for me but the beauty is you can increase for a clamp on input or use division [with a larger negative value] to build a safety stockpile for low production in other areas)

4 years ago

Thanks, Dragontuar - what I am using already is basically what you are describing. The problem I tried tro solve with ghost scanner is to automatically create a chain of demand all the way back to my base. To do it with the circuit network you'd have to wire each node on the way back and combine signals at every node as well, which is not something I will even attempt to do (too much manuak fiddling when building). As it is, ghost scanner can still be used to create demand for LTN stations all the way back to the base.

3 years ago

I am also looking for a mod to detect all unfulfilled requester chest requests in a network. Together with Ghost Scanner this will allow me to implement fully automatic building of nested Factorissimo2 factories. Thanks to Ghost Scanner mod, I can make it work only for the first level of factories recursion and it's awesome. Making it recursive would be uber-awesome :)

Optera, do you think this is even possible? Any pointers on how I could go about implementing such a mod?

3 years ago

Find all requester chests in a logistic network, subtract inventory from set filters.
Using 2 chests this can even be done in vanilla with circuit logic.

New response