Generic Logistic Chest

Allows the player to make a special chest that can be turned into any of the base game logistic chests.

Content
1 year, 6 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistic network

i signal control

7 years ago

It would be cool that you could swap from passive provider to requester with just a switch of a signal.
so you could put this chest inline in a assembly lane for belts
so this chest could sit between yellow and red belt
And when in your logistic network you don't have enough yellow belt it would be a provider but if you have more then a curtain amount yellow belt is would become a requester chest so you don't need to make new yellow belts

7 years ago

I may try to do that one day, but at the moment life is keeping me busy.

7 years ago

Great :)
But off course life goes first.

7 years ago

+1 for this idea.

7 years ago

For anyone still wondering about this: it's on hold til 0.15. At the moment the only way to do this would be to create my own GUI for each signal in the game and let the player select it, which is doable but a pain. While in 0.15 I believe we will have access to the signal GUI in the game.

5 years ago

+1

5 years ago

So, this is feasible now, though it may drastically effect UPS. The game doesn't really support custom circuit effects, so I will have to make my own for it.

I'll look more into adding it, but it will likely be a setting that will be off by default.

5 years ago

Can be simplersimply allow the exchange of "destination" allowing to access to an interface like the one youhas created for choose chest, adding a custom keys combination for open it?
It will help even when, using blueprint, the bots dont configure correctly the chests.
When using blueprint you have a general chest without destination and you have to pick it up and replace it manually.

5 years ago

Oh, did that break? The chests should be built the same that they were scanned from blueprints. So, not the generic.

5 years ago

It happen, for me, at least 25% of chests deployed by bots.
In a blueprint of 120 chests, over 40 has to be fixed manually... Sigh!

5 years ago

After testing this out I am not seeing this issue. I made a blueprint of an even distribution of all chest types, 102 of each, and not a single chest is wrong after they are done being built. If you are saying this because the ghosts are the generic chest, that is by design.

Can you provide a blueprint string and/or a save file? And also, can you open a new thread for this to keep it separate from the signal control thread?

5 years ago

I do it for sure. I hope I can place the blueprint code inside it and a screen of the final result ad linked image.
After collecting all data I allow you know the result of it.
Maybe it's because I use a low ram PC? Dunno, but it happen...

New response