Gizmos Car Keys (improved)

by Pi-C

Tired of running to your vehicle? Then let it come to you! This mod is based on "Gizmos Car Keys" by aodgizmo. It works with most modded car and spider-vehicle prototypes -- not just vanilla cars.

Content
2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

i [Implemented] Compatibility with Nullius

2 years ago

This is just to make you aware that GCKI does not work with the Nullius overhaul mod; the technology for automobiles does not unlock the recipe, and the ingredients for the remote will probably need to change. See https://mods.factorio.com/mod/nullius/discussion/620eca7804e0c61eca4bc068 for more details.

Happy to test any changes that are made.

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 11 months ago)

Sorry for not getting back to you any sooner, and thanks for the report! I noticed that the problem has been solved on the other end already. :-)

Last time I've worked on GCKI, I made a change to the recipes making "car" or "spidertron" prototypes, adding green circuits unless the recipe already requires green, red, or blue circuits. Do you think that would interfere with Nullius?

1 year, 3 months ago

Blacklisted some prototypes from Nullius (which were never supposed to be used with GCKI) in version 1.1.2.

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the update! However, I've encountered a crash with GCKI 1.1.3 and Nullius 1.5.22, error message given below. Let me know if you need a save file.

The mod Gizmos Car Keys (improved) (1.1.3) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event GCKI::on_configuration_changed
GCKI/scripts/event_handlers.lua:795: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
GCKI/scripts/event_handlers.lua:795: in function 'on_configuration_changed'
GCKI/control.lua:140: in function <GCKI/control.lua:138>

1 year, 3 months ago

Thanks for the report! Save files are always appreciated!

I couldn't reproduce the crash, but I have a hunch that removing line 795 in scripts/event_handlers.lua would fix it. This line logs a value inside a table without checking that the table really exists -- but that check does exist where it is used for real. Can you confirm that removing that line will fix the bug for good, or do you get more crashes?

New response