|Created:||2 months ago|
|Latest Version:||1.0.1 (a month ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.17 - 0.18|
Friend Blueprints adds a new type of blueprinting tool called a Friends Blueprint, which works like the vanilla blueprint, except that it also select entities owned by forces that are friendly to the player (vanilla blueprints only select entities owned by the player force). Due to some technical limitations, the friend blueprint doesn't work exactly like the vanilla blueprint, but I hope to overcome these limitations some day.
How it works
The Friends Blueprint is a custom Selection Tool that is designed to emulate vanilla blueprint behavior as closely as possible. It is configured with an entity filter that includes both player and friend force entities. When a selection event occurs, the Friends Blueprint does the following:
- Replaces itself in the player's hand with an empty blueprint item
- Adds all entities from the selection event into the empty blueprint
- Opens the blueprint GUI (currently disabled; see limitations)
Note: a Selection Tool must be used instead of a Blueprint, because Blueprint entity filters are more restrictive, and don't allow friend force entities to be included.
- New Friends Blueprint for creating blueprints that include friend force entities
- New toolbar shortcut for creating a Friends Blueprint
- Vanilla blueprints open the blueprint in the blueprint editor as a final step before the blueprint is created. The Friends Blueprint solution can also open the blueprint in the editor, but only after the blueprint is created. It was too weird to have the blueprint simultaneously open in the editor and existing in the player's hand, so for now the open-in-editor step is disabled. Instead the blueprint is created in the player's hand, they can add it to their inventory and open the blueprint editor from there if desired.
Please see the Github project for the development roadmap
- "Multiple Users Silhouette" icon made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com