The Ruins Mod - Fortress Ruins deprecated

23 New enemy forts, 7 new assets, 3 new craftable items, a second recipe for A-bombs, 2 new crystallography research to complete and explosive machinegun ammo. This ruin pack is designed to challenge the player. This mod detects K2 ruins and Red Dwarf ruins and will generate them if these packs are installed and FortressRuins is set under mod options/map as the default ruin set.

Content
2 years ago
Environment

g How to get the crystals?

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

Okay, this might be a stupid question... But how exactly do i get the crystals for the recipes?
I know the mod description said "the crystals they leave behind after their destruction.", however when I tried destroying a purple power crystal I got insta gibbed by a huge nuclear explosion. That jumpscare made me actually jump in my chair.

Am I missing something, or is that supposed to happen?

1 year, 3 months ago

look near the exploded crystal there should be fragments

1 year, 3 months ago

Okay, but is it supposed to explode and kill me, or is it a different way to destroy them "safely"? πŸ˜…

1 year, 3 months ago

Can be safely destroyed with a sniper rifle from the K2 mod or other long-range weapons

1 year, 3 months ago

Okay I'll try that thanks :)

I was thinking maybe there where a way to drain them first, or something, so it's possible to destroy them safely.

1 year, 3 months ago

drain? like this?

1 year, 3 months ago

Drain them of the energy stored, but I guess they are self sufficient creating energy and have storage.

I'll try some long range weapons. But unsure if True Nukes mod I also use changes the size of the explosion so it's impossible to survive anyway.
We'll see!

1 year, 3 months ago

It is not possible to drain energy, but you can also use it as an endless power source

New response