The Ruins Mod - Fortress Ruins deprecated

23 New enemy forts, 7 new assets, 3 new craftable items, a second recipe for A-bombs, 2 new crystallography research to complete and explosive machinegun ammo. This ruin pack is designed to challenge the player. This mod detects K2 ruins and Red Dwarf ruins and will generate them if these packs are installed and FortressRuins is set under mod options/map as the default ruin set.

Content
2 years ago
Environment

g Mine enemy forts

2 years ago

Hey, this is one awesome mod. I have used abandoned ruins in the past and now just found fortress ruins.

My only question is though - after you get past a fortress defenses, some chests cannot be mined - my guess, they belong to enemy force. Is that intentional, can I use any craftable new item to change that? My map is mostly vanilla, at least I don't use K2

2 years ago

So this is intentional, the reason for this is so the fortress resources that are used against the player cannot be obtained. I felt that this would be too easy and unbalanced due to the volume of resources the fortresses have. I.E The fortresses need to last a long time against a player so they need 1000s of ammo/ores as currently I cannot set them to infinite due to limitations of the ruins mod, but this could be implemented by the author.

2 years ago

Hey, thanks for the info. Indeed, the fortresses are easy to break and have tons of resources, which would otherwise unbalance the game. I enjoy the element of lore this mod brings to the vanilla game. BTW is there any source code? Could I contribute somehow?

I took 3 examples below - last one being the most relevant. There's 10 nukes on top of hundreds of other goodies in this fortress, but they can't be used - that's why I am wondering if these kind of crates make sense.

https://imgur.com/a/RkHcTCT

New response