The Ruins Mod - Fortress Ruins deprecated

23 New enemy forts, 7 new assets, 3 new craftable items, a second recipe for A-bombs, 2 new crystallography research to complete and explosive machinegun ammo. This ruin pack is designed to challenge the player. This mod detects K2 ruins and Red Dwarf ruins and will generate them if these packs are installed and FortressRuins is set under mod options/map as the default ruin set.

Content
2 years ago
Environment

g After checking this mod out, it seems pretty neat

2 years ago

I realize it's awfully early in its life cycle so it's a bit early to critique, but I will say that getting the fragments is tough; not because of the defenses, though they certainly aren't easy, but instead because of the huge travel times to find new ruins with a crystal generator to explode, and then loot.

2 years ago

I think under mod settings for the ruins mod you can set the minimum distance the different size bases can spawn to the start point and/or increase the chance they will spawn.

2 years ago

I like your mod too, is it possible to have it active with other ruin set mods?

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I could look into it, I may need to have a chat with the other authors. Was there a particular ruins pack or multiple?

2 years ago

Hello

I have KS2 and SE game running, the combination of your fortress, ks2 and red dwarf ruins would be an incredible combination. If it is not possible that's ok too, I was just wondering because I can unlock all the tech with science from all the ruin mods, but I cannot use the tech from fortress because red dwarf is active in my game, and I cannot revert that change

2 years ago

It just so happens I'm the author of red dwarf ruins pack too, (Gouitsu is my nephews account) I could do a fork where I combine them however the red dwarf ruins pack would negate the challenge of the fortress ruins somewhat.

2 years ago

I mainly use red dwarf for the super module. and the '' easy power '' generators are for my 4 year old, he is learning to play ( likes to shoot the biters :) ). maybe the fortress ruins could get their own ' super module '' and no free power generators or other things for red dwarf. but its ok like this too, too bad I can't change the set of ruins, because i'm 24 hours in and I hate to start over , again. I got over a 1000 hours but only launched 2 or 3 rockets and with SE, where it is easier. yeah I'm bad at it but I love Factorio and many of the mods. the things that players and modders come up with truly amazes me.

2 years ago

Let me know if the most recent update has enabled you to have the fortress and red dwarf alongside the k2 ruins set. I tested it however the Krastorio mod caused the debug for ruins mod to crash, so I created a game and it works all 3 ruin sets were infact being generated. so I tested just k2 and tried the debug and k2 is the cause as my mods were not installed. note this should not effect you just causes testing to be difficult.

2 years ago

so what should happen is you change the set to FortressRuins and because you have both ks2 and reddwarf the FortressRuins will locate the generation files and include them, this should mean your save can continue as normal but the new fortress ruins will generate from now on but these include the other ruins also so np.

2 years ago

I tried to change from red dwarf to fortress, then saved my game, but on reload the setting reverted automaticlly to red dwarf again. I have the k2 ruins and silly ruins active too. I'll remove the silly ruins mod and try again later because that would be super super cool if I can have those active and not starting over, you have been super helpful thanks. :)

2 years ago

the setting keeps going back to red dwarf instead of fortress. I changed the setting before I started my save and during my game chaning it and saving but on reload my game, the satting is back on red dwarf

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I got it to work one one save, saw a purple crystal generator, but lost my car with important stuff, now I try to rep;licate it again, but not yet succesfull, but now I know it can be done. Thanks a milion. found the culprit: in settings and the other was a box checked to use different mod settings per save, unchecked it and now all saves have the right ruisn and settings active

New response