Factory Search

Search your factory for items, fluids, entities, signals, tags and more with Shift + F. Displays a list of matching buildings: clicking on a result opens it in the map. Supports Space Exploration (works across all surfaces). Control + Shift + Click on almost anything (e.g. built entity, inventory item, recipe) to open the search with that item selected. Similar to BeastFinder and Where is it Made?

Utilities
2 months ago

i [Completed-1.5.1] Option to search only one surface

2 years ago

In my largest SE save, running a search makes the game pause for about 2 full seconds. One way to solve this would be to search surfaces or chunks a few at a time, so the game could continue running.

But at least half the time I'm only interested in results on my current surface. Could you add a checkbox to choose all surfaces or only the current one?

2 years ago

Good idea, I will definitely do that. In the mean time, I'd recommend deselecting the search modes that you're not actually interested in if you haven't already. In particular, the new 'Logistics' search mode is very time-expensive because it searches every single belt, inserter and pipe.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Oh I did. Only searching production still takes forever :). I did get the save file down from 430MB to 270MB by deleting a dozen lightly used planets, but the remainder all have their own malls.

2 years ago

PS it would be useful to have a large SE save for working on optimisations - would you be able to share yours at some point perhaps? My largest saves are only a 90-hour/60SPM vanilla base and a 40-hour SE base which I haven't been into space with yet :(

2 years ago

Thanks for the save via discord!

This feature will be included in the next release.

2 years ago

Added in v1.5.1. In a future release the checkbox will be hidden when there is only one surface anyway.

1 year, 7 months ago

Probably unpopular opinion, but I would prefer to have All surfaces unchecked by default. Whenever I start up my SE game and search something - game lags for a bit due to All surfaces search.

1 year, 7 months ago

Hmm I think that it should be checked by default, but I should definitely stop it from resetting its state to default every time you add/remove/update any mods. I think that would solve your problem for the most part.

New response