Factory Search

Search your factory for items, fluids, entities, signals, tags and more with Shift + F. Displays a list of matching buildings: clicking on a result opens it in the map. Supports Space Exploration (works across all surfaces). Control + Shift + Click on almost anything (e.g. built entity, inventory item, recipe) to open the search with that item selected. Similar to BeastFinder and Where is it Made?

Utilities
4 months ago

i Faster searching

2 years ago

Hey, could you maybe make a search button so we can just Ctrl+Shift+F, then usual quick search (Ctrl/Cmd+F) for an entity, instead of having to click the icon and then search? It would make the mod a lot easier to use all the time. I get that the UX might be difficult.

See https://imgur.com/a/FbzBfMr if you need the visuals to get what I'm trying to say.

2 years ago

The item selection GUI is handled by the base game and there’s no way to open it on a specific shortcut, or anything similar. I agree that the usability would ideally be improved so I’ll likely either request this from the devs or implement my own item selection GUI (perhaps copying from Factory Planner which already has custom selectors).

In the meantime I’ll remind you that Shift-Alt-Click can be used almost anywhere in the game to search for the selected item.

2 years ago

Yes, I'd like a text search too. You already mentioned Factory Planner, but Quick Item Search and Recipe Book also have searches.

I'd be satisfied if you were able to hook your CTRL-SHIFT-CLICK keybind into Quick Item Search. Then I can just SHIFT-F <type name> CTRL-SHIFT-CLICK the entry I want. No clue if QIS has a remote interface or if raiguard would work with you on this.

Cheers and thanks for the mod. It's been handy.

New response