Factory Search

Search your factory for items, fluids, entities, signals, tags and more with Shift + F. Displays a list of matching buildings: clicking on a result opens it in the map. Supports Space Exploration (works across all surfaces). Control + Shift + Click on almost anything (e.g. built entity, inventory item, recipe) to open the search with that item selected. Similar to BeastFinder and Where is it Made?

Utilities
4 months ago

g [Fixed-1.1.4] Default keybindings

2 years ago

Hey!

I wanted to let you know that you might want to change the default keybindings for opening the search. In many places, the ctrl + f keybind is used to search for items. You can do almost anywhere (including when setting the search item in your mod).

So! Because this mod also uses that same keybinding, the UI behaves strangely and it's almost mandatory to change it if you want to keep using the vanilla keybinding. I would suggest that you change this to something like ctrl + shift + f, which I did in my save and it works super great!

Awesome mod and great work! 💯💯

2 years ago

Ah that is a very good point, thanks for letting me know! I play on macOS, where Command + F is the vanilla search keybind, so I picked Control + F as it was sitting there otherwise unused... I'd be inclined to pick Shift + F, but that would clash with https://mods.factorio.com/mod/QuickItemSearch, which I very much like...

Ofc on my machine I'll keep it set to Control + F, but I don't really like users having to mess around with keybinds in order to get started with the mod so it will definitely have to change.

New response