Kills To Science deprecated

by Braxbro

Modified version of Combat Technology by sjlevin with more advanced configuration options and a slightly better attempt at balancing research costs. Also features options to retain research value when the research queue is empty by either storing all leftover research value or decaying stored research value by a percentage over time.

Content
2 years ago
Enemies

g Does this still work?

a year ago

I didnt feel like killing do anything so I turned on the "mod-setting-name.print-science-values" and couldnt see anything in chat or log.

11 months ago
(updated 11 months ago)

Probably not. It's an extremely old mod and when I made it I was quite frankly incompetent. Still am, kinda, but I'm at least a little better at it.

A rewrite for this mod is on the to-do list, but I just haven't been able to get around to it. Life's kinda gotten in the way lately. I've marked it as deprecated to be safe. Thanks for the heads-up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

10 months ago
(updated 10 months ago)

Havent used this in a while, but was going to start a deathworld so came back here to get it. Just did a test with this and it works just fine up to Space Science. It does not research space science tech, tho I'm fine with that.

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

I can confirm it actually DOES work, but has several incompatibilities, most notably to me, Shades Replicators. so I can't have kills to science and matter replication in the same run...
also at base science per kill settings, it takes a TON of kills to research even early game stuff, so if you have automated science already it might be hard to actually notice the effects of this mod.

7 months ago

Yeah. I need to overhaul this mod at some point.

New response