Explosive Biters

This mod adds a nest of explosive aliens and worms! These aliens will explode on death (area damage) and spread fire. Fire spitters are also deadly burning everything! And if you see their Mother, run, run for you life! Say goodbye to your walls! Good luck! Note:Autoplace configured for hot areas found in alien-biomes mod.

Content
11 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

b AAI Programmable Vehicles issue

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I doubt anything can be done about it on this end of things, but just FYI, this doesn't work well with [AAI Programmable Vehicles]. If an AI-controlled [AAI Vehicles: Chaingunner] encounters a dead explosive biter, it will try to put the fire out by emptying its entire magazine of machine gun ammo into the bonfire. I don't know if it's relevant or not, but I have [Krastorio 2] on with its overhaul of targeting and bullet physics. I've let the AAI maintainer know on his end.

2 years ago

Correction: [Explosive Biters] + [AAI Programmable Vehicles] + [Water Turret] causes this. Water turret is changing turret behavior to target fires, which carries over into the AI vehicle behavior. Kind of an unfortunate combination.

2 years ago

Looks like the vehicle is just doing what it is suposed to do...

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Clarified:

The purpose of Water Turret is to add a flamethower-like turret that sprays water on fires to put them out, which is a really nice thing to have in conjunction with this mod.

However, it has the side effect of making AAI Programmable Vehicles prioritize shooting the ever-loving-bejesus out of fires, which they can't put out, to the exclusion of everything else. Apparently it does that to capsule drones, spidertrons and artillery too. A biter exploding next to your wall leads to your own artillery shelling your base.

So it's mostly the fault of Water Turret. The author of the mod is aware of the issue, but doesn't know of a way to fix it sadly.

New response