Explosive Biters

This mod adds a nest of explosive aliens and worms! These aliens will explode on death (area damage) and spread fire. Fire spitters are also deadly burning everything! And if you see their Mother, run, run for you life! Say goodbye to your walls! Good luck! Note:Autoplace configured for hot areas found in alien-biomes mod.

Content
11 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

g can't help myself

4 years ago

Hello there, can you show me where in mod files i can tweak size of fire puddle what spitters left on the floor? Since some of updates it's has got increased size, so even spacing turrets with 1 block between them doesn't help to prevent damaging both neighboors of attacked turret, i really want to force player making this spacing by following reasons:
-decreasing density of fire power per block
-building wallborders between turrets prevents avalanche effect when perimeter is breached
Currently to prevent damaging 3 turrets (instead of 1) by single spitter you should space them by 2 blocks, this leads to critical dps loss and overall unefficiency of defence line and you just will make good old turretwall without spacing at all because there is no difference 1 or 0 blocks you have between them, you still gonna lose 3 turrets at once. I made a lot of balance tweaks in your both mods, so, even if you agreed with me and gonna make some changes i still really want you to provide me information about how i can fix it by myself. For example i just increased AoE of ice cloud because i managed to find part of code what affects it's particle size and damage area.

4 years ago

Hi Ivan, I use vanilla "fire-flame" entity, with damage changing only. I don't set sizes. It is in fire.lua file.

4 years ago

this is really strange cuz in early days of playing with this mod i remember how spacing turrets solve this problem....

i added string "fire.radius = 6" six just to see a lot wider aoe and make sure what it work, but it doesn't

local fire = util.table.deepcopy(data.raw.fire["fire-flame"])
fire.initial_lifetime = 600
fire.radius = 6
fire.name="explosive-biter-flame"
fire.damage_per_tick = {amount = 1*DAMAGE_S, type = "fire"},
data:extend({fire})

not that easy as i expected, what should i do?

New response