Explosive Biters

This mod adds a nest of explosive aliens and worms! These aliens will explode on death (area damage) and spread fire. Fire spitters are also deadly burning everything! And if you see their Mother, run, run for you life! Say goodbye to your walls! Good luck! Note:Autoplace configured for hot areas found in alien-biomes mod.

Content
11 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Enemies

g Explosive worm spawning

5 years ago

I have to admit, I love the new worms and the variety is great. However, the amount of explosive worms I feel overwhelms the spawn of the vanilla worms and I see maybe 1-2 vanilla worms in even large bases anymore.
Overall, wonderful mod, but if there could be a way to tone down the total number of explosive worm spawns, that would make this mod a nice supplement to the biter defenses.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Thanks Xybot, I will check those numbers. Also, maybe the spitter mother is too powerfull. Have to make more tests... Have you found one ? Run!!! Run for your life!

5 years ago

Just wanted to weigh in here, mother is fine, when you encounter it, you know yre a bit fucked, but that makes it fun.
The amount of exploding worms vs regular is indeed too high imo, either a mod startup setting to alter this would be nice, with the base scaling be about 30% of the spawns be explosive. otherwise i'd tune it fixed to 60 %.

5 years ago

In this new version, I have tested the numbers of explosive worms compared to regular ones. They were similar. I had used the numbers in vanilla spawning... so they should be similar... But I dont't know exactly how the game places them in world...

New response