EvolutionThroughResearch

The evolution value of enemies is equal to the ratio of how much science you have finished.

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Ignore Military Science Option

1 year, 4 months ago

Could you add an option to make the evolution progression ignore all research that requires military science? We love having our biter evo tied to research, but (especially once we start modding in harder biters and more military science options, but this also somewhat applies to vanilla) we actually find this mod often just makes things way easier than they should be at significant progression.

Some games we never feel the need to research military because the biters aren't a problem, but the biters aren't a problem BECAUSE we're not researching military.

The solution to this that I think is the simplest is to simply make it so military science is irrelevant to the biter's progression, making non-military research amp up the evolution much faster, and therefore forcing you to maintain military capability as the tech progresses. This could possibly make researching military too strong, but I think it'll be more fun if researching "too much" military is rewarding, instead of punishing.

1 year, 3 months ago

I like that idea. Thus I have created a similiar mod and I ignored the military science packs there. See https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ResearchLevelSetsEvolution

New response