EvolutionThroughResearch

The evolution value of enemies is equal to the ratio of how much science you have finished.

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

i Varient evo formulae?

2 years ago

If you add "currentForResearched = 1-(1/((currentForResearched*9)+1)" to the calculation for the evolution value, then it will handle extreme biter mods better, as it will take evo to 90% at all non-infinite techs researched, and then continue to tend towards full evo as infinite techs are researched.

1 year, 4 months ago

I'm quoting mod description:
"sets the evolution to 1 / number of finished non infinite research every few seconds"

So based on that, if you have finished 1 infinite tech:
evolution = 1 / 1 = 1.0
5 techs: evolution = 1 / 5 = 0.2

So evolution starts with full behemoths in early game and would get significantly easier each research? A change in desc could be nice if inverse is intended :)

1 year, 4 months ago

whops that description text is misleading, sorry for that. i now changed it to the one from the full description text:
"The evolution value of enemies is equal to the ratio of how much science you have finished."
e.g.
100 total techs, 10 researched: -> 0.1
1000 total techs, 10 researched: -> 0.01
for the original post: yes i understand that mods could use non-linear evolution growth. this mod is kept relatively simple as a general purpose solution, but i can't keep up with all possible mods unfortunately. in such cases, pack specific mods or mods specifically for e.g. ExtremeBiters may be better.
the sourcecode of this mod is released under the unlicense and very minimalistic so it can easily be forked for other more specific solutions.

1 year, 4 months ago
(updated 1 year, 4 months ago)

What happens (with just this and vanilla) when you have all techs researched, plus a heap of infinites?

Does evo go over 100%?

1 year, 4 months ago

the infinite researches are excluded from the calculation. so 100% is reached upon completing every non-infinite technology.

1 year, 4 months ago

Oh. My formula addition would let you include infinite techs.

I might release a fork with it when I do my next Angel or pY run.

1 year, 4 months ago

sure, feel free to do so. i actually implemented the current cutoff point because i prefered the idea of having the highest difficulty once endgame is reached and then researching infinitely just to ease the gameplay (which is kind of the vanilla experience). but i can see other formulas can fit better for other situations.

New response