Equipment Grid Logistic Module (logiquipment Revived)

This mod takes 'dorfl' https://mods.factorio.com/mod/logiquipment mod and extends it to include the cargo wagon entity, for those of us who want construction trains.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

g How to use this mod

3 years ago

There's a cryptic message that after you place the module in the equipment grid you need to set up a 'filtered slot' in the inventory.
The screenshots are not attached to this mod, but can be found in the original one (already bad)
Then you see that in the trunk there are items with a blue background. Ok, how do you get those..?!?!

I've found the answer: use the middle mouse button on one of those slots. If it is empty you get a prompt to set the type of good, if it is filled that item gets a blue background and will get refilled should you take out the good and the vehicle is stopped and within your logistic network

Seriously, that middle mouse button step should be included in the description of this mod!

3 years ago

With all due respect, the "slot filtering" mechanic is very, very old. I understand that there is generally newer players people that might not have used it, but it is one of the very early things you learn when playing the game, since even slots in your own inventory can be set as "filtered".

There is very little point for the Mod author to explain what "filtering a slot" means, as it would be like for a mod author that made a new building that can be rotated to explain in the mod description what the key for "rotating" is, which, by the way, can be individually changed in settings.

My "filter slot" key? Is not "middle mouse button" for example, because I own a Razer Naga Trinity and its mapped to a side button, and the only thing in my settings that is still mapped to even use middle mouse button is "Shoot Enemy" because of how fast I can get to that button compared to others, so yea, telling people "middle button" would be still be misleading in some cases.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Could you please also clarify about the following virtual signals that are added - what is their purpose and how to use them. Thank you in advance.

[virtual-signal-description]
logistics-active-provider=Number of stacks to unload at once (max:48)
logistics-request-from-buffer=Enable requesting from buffer chests
logistics-requester=Number of requests to process (max: 48)

[virtual-signal-name]
logistics-active-provider=Provider Slot Count
logistics-request-from-buffer=Activate Request from Buffer Mode
logistics-requester=Request Slot Count

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

There's a cryptic message that after you place the module in the equipment grid you need to set up a 'filtered slot' in the inventory.
The screenshots are not attached to this mod, but can be found in the original one (already bad)
Then you see that in the trunk there are items with a blue background. Ok, how do you get those..?!?!

I've found the answer: use the middle mouse button on one of those slots. If it is empty you get a prompt to set the type of good, if it is filled that item gets a blue background and will get refilled should you take out the good and the vehicle is stopped and within your logistic network

Seriously, that middle mouse button step should be included in the description of this mod!

With all due respect, the "slot filtering" mechanic is very, very old. I understand that there is generally newer players people that might not have used it, but it is one of the very early things you learn when playing the game, since even slots in your own inventory can be set as "filtered".

There is very little point for the Mod author to explain what "filtering a slot" means, as it would be like for a mod author that made a new building that can be rotated to explain in the mod description what the key for "rotating" is, which, by the way, can be individually changed in settings.

My "filter slot" key? Is not "middle mouse button" for example, because I own a Razer Naga Trinity and its mapped to a side button, and the only thing in my settings that is still mapped to even use middle mouse button is "Shoot Enemy" because of how fast I can get to that button compared to others, so yea, telling people "middle button" would be still be misleading in some cases.

Whilst yes, the slot filtering is not a new feature, clearly many people don't know how to use it (or have used it on their train carriages and not realised it could be used on other vehicles or forgotten how to use it). A quick note in the logistic module description could be useful.

The game actually provides an easy way to do this, even accounting for player's changing their own key binds. In locale/en/base.cfg where it currently says (press R to switch to Buffer mode while holding) it should instead say (press __CONTROL__battery-rotate__ to switch to Buffer mode while holding). This is because anyone can go to their Controls settings and change the key bind from the default R.

There is an additional helper which is useful when working with mouse-based controls: ALT_CONTROL.

__CONTROL__toggle-filter__ -> Middle mouse button (Windows default) / Command + Right mouse button (macOS default)
__ALT_CONTROL__1__toggle-filter__ -> Middle-click / Command + Right-click
__ALT_CONTROL__2__toggle-filter__ -> Middle-clicking / Command + Right-clicking

So the description could additionally have Create logistic requests by filtering (__ALT_CONTROL__2__toggle-filter__) inventory slots. This will work no matter which key combination you have set toggle-filter to.

For more about localisation, see https://wiki.factorio.com/Tutorial:Localisation.