Endgame Combat

by Reika

Adds more powerful combat capability to keep up with numerous and/or powerful enemies and huge biter bases.

Content
1 year, 5 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Combat

b layer name change in base game causes load failure

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

factorio 16.20 changes layer names, causing endgame combat to throw error: ground_patch_higher2 (and all the others) have been renamed to: ground-patch-higher2 (or similar, using hyphens instead of underscores) per factorio's release notes on bugfixes and modding on version 16.20.

6 years ago

will there be a fix for the update? Don't reaky want to play with out this mod

6 years ago

Go open the zip file and look for prototypes/orbital.lua. Open that file in a text editor and search and replace "ground_patch_higher" with "ground-patch-higher". Should be one place, save and then the mod should work.

6 years ago

This might be out of place, but I'd like to thank usafphoenix for his comment. Yesterday, thanks to him, I did what OldPapa just mentioned and got back into my game.

6 years ago

Error ModManager.cpp:1023: Error while loading entity prototype "orbital-bombardment-crater" (corpse): Unknown layer name: ground_patch_higher2

6 years ago

search above, sp518, it's an easy fix.

6 years ago

usafphoenix, OldPapa Thanks for making the post, and giving noobs like me easy solution. Works like a clock.

6 years ago

Sorry - but this mod has so much errors ...
I fixed already 3 errors - but after a new one pop on - I delete this bullshit mod:

something like this one does not exist (prototypes/rangeturrets) in Line 109:
"at-cannon-turret-mk1-rangeboost-1-rangeboost-1" wtf?

6 years ago

kolungate, your error message is incomplete and therefore cannot be successfully diagnosed, nor did you provide any additional information customary/helpful to mod authors who do work hard to make mods such as these (and your error doesn't appear related to the topic this thread is on, which is an api change which caused a very specific, easy to fix error.

6 years ago

and you're welcome pavluschencij

6 years ago

hello usafphoenix
look at the other post: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/EndgameCombat/discussion/5a5f1b0dadcc441024d7737d - there are screens .

Thanks