Endgame Combat

by Reika

Adds more powerful combat capability to keep up with numerous and/or powerful enemies and huge biter bases.

Content
1 year, 5 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Combat

g Performance

6 years ago

This mod has so much overhead, even by itself on a brand new world untouched by player activity it is averaging over 1.5ms By Itself just for it's own tick handling, which is causing in many cases a UPS drop from below the stock of 60 (even on an empty world). The entire frame budget is 16.6ms (that is for factorio's code, rendering, mods, everything), in late megabase game with a 200+ mod large mod pack still hits less than 1.5ms for all mods (and is not able to sustain 60 UPS either). A single mod that is hitting anywhere near even 0.1ms has some major bugs.

You can see the ticking time taken via F5 in the game on a per-mod basis as well as all mods aggregated together to an overall 'Script' time.

6 years ago

there's a couple of things that could possibly be causing it. I find, when i try to help an author debug or resolve parts of code, that it helps to make as much of the mod configurably-removable, to aid in dissecting which bits cause unacceptable overhead. When i did this for darkstar utilities, it was the power pole supply radius being too high, which forced all power-requiring entities to search a much further radius to determine if there was a power pole that supplied them (because the power-supply logic is backwards. it's a get function, rather than a send function). But i had to disable much of the mod first in order to find out what was actually causing it. there may be a better (less intrusive way), but i don't know how.