Endgame Combat

by Reika

Adds more powerful combat capability to keep up with numerous and/or powerful enemies and huge biter bases.

Content
1 year, 5 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Combat

b Can't disable auto-deconstruct loot

6 years ago

I've tried nearly everything. The settings apply when I change them, but they don't take affect. I've unchecked the button, snooped around with other mods I'm using to see if it's a compatibility issue, and I've looked everywhere in the config files and disabled the settings from there, and the auto-deconstruct still takes place.
It's very annoying, and I can't even use personal roboports out in the open because robots will pick tissue up randomly. I'm always having to wait for my robots, and I tend to lose tons of them because they randomly fly right into enemy fire trying to get a single alien tissue, or occasionally I might leave without my robots and they'll randomly come into view, slowly flying towards me hours later.
I don't really even need or want this feature, since I already have mods that do this job better. It acts as more of an annoyance rather than a helping tool.
I just can't disable it. It doesn't work, and I believe I'm on the latest update for this mod.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Yeah, I have exactly the same problem. Alien tissue ends up marked for deconstruction, and when the robots go out to get it they attract nearby aliens. The end result is I end up having to spend a massive amount of resources replacing the robots. This is a great mod, but I'm going to have to stop using it if this problem isn't fixed, so I appreciate any effort you can spend on it.
I've checked in the code, and it's in the control.lua, about line 350. You have "if #egcombat.fleshToDeconstruct > 0 then", but in the mod-settings.json it sets it to "false". Is this a problem with trying to compare a boolean with a numeric ?
Z